The Communications Manager will help showcase Craft as a leading experiential business in KSA and across the region. You will enjoy being part of a growing business and have the confidence to work independently and manage a small team. You will be driven, dynamic and happy to roll up your sleeves to help bring our plans to life. You will also have the experience to lead and drive communications programs with the flair to help tell the exceptional stories that make Craft who we are.
The Communications Manager will work with senior colleagues to develop, implement, manage and coordinate communications strategies, including managing website content, press releases, social media content, internal content and develop relationships with our partners and third parties to help build Craft’s brand, our image and our expertise in the market. You will use your understanding of external communications practices to ensure our key external stakeholders including our customers the media and our partners get as excited about what we do as we are.
Primary Job Function
• Lead the development and management of content, identify innovative stories for our social media accounts, website and other external sources – you must be able to create stories and engage people with the imagery and resources we have at hand
• Lead the development of press releases and other media/client facing materials.
• Manage and coordinate all external communications. On occasion liaise with the PR Agency.
• Establish, nurture and maintain relationships with target journalists.
• Implement social media strategies to grow online base and engagement.
• Perform community management duties on social media channels and other online platforms.
• Develop and implement internal communications campaigns and delivery of key messages.
• Ensure core messaging is consistent in all aspects of internal/external communication
• Work with the SEO agency to manage regular social media reporting
• Develop monthly report that demonstrates the progress of the external communications program and provide report to senior leaders in an easy to review and digest format.
• Work cross-functionally with departments to support communications and overall business plans.
We are looking for someone with:
• Proven experience in PR at Senior Account Executive or Account Manager Level: 5-7+ years of public relations or corporate communications experience, either in a PR agency or an in-house communications team.
• Excellent English writing skills, Arabic verbal and written skills an advantage
• Content development experience essential
• Highly motivated, driven and creative – we are a creative team so thinking outside the box is what we do!
• A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is preferred.
• Writing skills: Must have excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to independently create crisp, effective copy for various channels.
• Must have journalistic ability to source stories from within the business and be across industry trends.
• Confident speaking skills: you will be confident speaking to leaders and team members to share ideas, make suggestions and ensure we get the information and content needed for campaigns completed to a high level, on time.
• Have the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines in a busy environment
• Interpersonal skills: Must have a highly personal and engaging approach building relationships within Craft and with our partners and suppliers
• Creative skills: Possesses the creative ability to develop communication plans and interesting formats for message delivery.
• Organization skills: Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams and execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects to deadline with minimal oversight.
• Have a great sense of humor and be a supportive and inclusive team member.