Position Title : AUDIO VISUAL TECH.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Accountable To : Project Manager
To operate and maintain equipment used to amplify, record and display sound and images at live events. They may operate sound equipment for speeches and presentations, use video cameras to shoot images or serve as projectionists.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for management of technical services, including events, audio-visual equipment, and relevant facility operations.
• Assists in the repair of equipment such as projectors, overhead and still projectors, sound equipment.
• Assists with the testing of audio-visual equipment to determine operating efficiency.
• Assists in keeping records and preparation of reports concerning audio-visual equipment, repair and maintenance.
• To follow oral and written instructions, ability to keep work records, mechanical aptitude, physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
• To set up, operate, maintain and repair equipment used to enhance live events, such as video recorders, projectors, lighting and sound mixing equipment.
• To record meetings and presentations with video cameras, operate spotlights, adjust amplifiers, coordinate graphics used in displays and provide technical support for teleconferences.
• To edit, copy and store videotapes and DVDs, track inventory of equipment and order supplies.
• Deliver, set-up and operate AV equipment and video cameras. Set up of laptops for data/video projection and network connection and video/audio recording.
Bachelor’s degree in Technology or any equivalent diploma or course.
2-3 Years or more experience in the relevant field.
Working knowledge of all audio-visual fields: sound, lights, projection, technological devices etc.