Position Title : ELECTRICIAN
Position Code : ELM 1008-PWMC
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Accountable To : Project Manager
- To work and be competent in the field of electrical maintenance and construction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Incumbents inspect, isolate, troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments.
- Maintain and repair programmable lighting and access systems.
- Test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Plan the layout and wiring of new or remodelled installations;
- Inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations.
- Participate in the maintenance and operations of an electrical shop; clean, maintain and service tools and equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Work with diverse materials and understand their properties i.e. plexi glass, acrylic, styrene, PVC, ply, wood, card, high density foam, ABS, and vinyl’s.
- Fabricate and/or replicate scaled precision models accurately from sketches, renders and technical drawings provided.
- Knowledge on how to apply vinyl’s and cling films onto different substrates.
- Ability to construct block buildings and detailed buildings on their own.
- Have adequate skills and techniques in the assembly of cut parts for the above-mentioned materials.
- Ability to mask off and prepare assembled parts for painting.
- Ability to paint according to requirements.
- Knowledge on required paint finishes for models, stands and other related materials.This includes textures finishes, colour mixing and the application thereof.
- Installation of the basic 12V wiring systems into buildings and related products.
- Able to measure accurately (mm, cm, and meters) with a calliper and a measuring tape.
- Base construction (Ability to read detailed drawings- contours/ spot heights etc).
- Knowledge of landscape finishes – hardscape and vegetation.
- Knowledge of model scales and how to convert/ revert these.
- Knowledge on how to operate hand tools and power tools properly/ safely.
- Fabrication of stands and crates etc. This includes assembly, sanding, painting, and finishing of the products.
- Required to wrap and pack models, stands or other required items.
- Loading and offloading of materials, crates, and models etc from delivery vehicle.
- Assist with the safe lifting and moving of models within the factory under direction of Workshop Managers.
- Assist with preparation and installation of exhibitions and presentations on site as instructed by Workshop/Project Managers.
- Coordinate and monitor activities in accordance to project schedule.
- Ability to run small to medium size projects independently as instructed by Workshop/Project Managers.
- Take instructions and assist Workshop/Project Managers and Project Supervisors in all aspects of daily duties.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of and compliance with modelshop rules and procedures.
- To contribute, or otherwise assist, as required.
- Work the required hours when tight deadlines are to be met.
- Travel when required for the installation and/ or the dismantling of models.
- Other duties that may from time to time be required
- Diploma .
- At least 02 years’ experience in the related field.
- Knowledge of basic tools of electrical appliances and wiring.